“HP My Display” is a utility that enables consumers to adjust the HP monitors. This utility also renders step by step instructions and patterns in order to fine-tune their laptop’s display. The display performance can be affected by multiple factors including the graphics card, room lighting and the system itself.
However, due to certain technical glitches, if the HP My Display utility stopped working, it can be quite a bothersome matter for the users. But, they can easily make it working again by following a few simple tricks.
HP My Display Has Stopped Working: Possible Causes
There can be various factors that are responsible for the HP My Display error. But, here we are going to mention the most prominent factors. So, have a look below and recognize why you get stuck with this error.
- Corrupted system files
- Using outdated Windows Operating System
- Conflicting application
- Malware or virus infection
What Can you Do if HP My Display Not Working?
Here are the most reliable troubleshooting measures that you can try in order to resolve the error. So, without wasting much time, follow the underlying instructions and use the HP My Display utility flawlessly.
Method 1: Try to Boot your Device in Safe Mode
Before you proceed with any critical methods, we suggest you boot your device in Safe Mode. To do so, follow the instructions cited in the below section.
- Press the combination of the “Windows logo + I” in order to launch the “Settings app”.
- From the “Settings app”, choose the “Update and Security” option.
- Now, hit the “Recovery” button and go to the “Advanced Startup”.
- From the appeared menu, choose the “Restart Now” button.
- Once your device boots up, select the “Troubleshoot” button as well as the “Advanced Options”.
- Next, open the startup settings and hit the “Restart” button.
- Now, your device starts in Safe Mode
Method 2: Disable the Conflicting Services
After you boot your device in Safe Mode, if the “HP My Display has stopped working” error message still appears on the screen, then there can be certain services that might create various issues including HP My Display not working. Therefore, in order to prevent those conflicting services from blocking the utility, follow the instructions that are mentioned below.
- Press the Windows logo along with the R key to initiate the Run window.
- Under the dialog box, write “Msconfig” and hit the Enter key to run the command.
- This will invoke the “System Configuration” menu.
- Inside the “System Configuration” window, scroll down and select the “Service tab”.
- Once you access the “Service tab”, try to locate the “Hide all Microsoft services” option.
- After you locate the option, tap on it and remove the tick mark from the checkbox to deselect it.
- Now, choose the conflicting services from the available menu and hit the “Disable” button.
- Make the changes by tapping on the “Apply” button as well as the “OK” button.
After disabling the conflicting services, reboot your device to let the changes take effect.
Method 3: Update the Display Driver
Users often encounter HP My Display not working when they are using an outdated or corrupted display drivers. Therefore, if you face the error due to this reason, then you can update the display driver and resolve the error in no time.
These are the steps that should be executed to update the display driver.
- Open the Run window and write “devmgmt.msc”. Next, hit the Enter key to execute the command.
- Under the “Device Manager”, look for the list where all the installed drivers are enlisted.
- From the appeared list, locate and select the “Display Driver” option.
- Next, proceed to right tap on the Display Driver and hit the “Update Driver” button.
- Select “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option and let the device search for the latest driver.
- Hit the “Install Update” button if the updates are available.
- When you’re prompted to confirm the installation process, simply hit the “OK” button twice.
Wait unless and until the installation process gets completed. After you update the display driver, reboot your device to check whether the error has been resolved or not.
Method 4: Eliminate the Interfacing Applications
In case you have a third party application installed on your device, then they can interfere with the HP My Display and resulting HP My Display utility stopped working error occurs. In order to avoid such occasions, we suggest you eliminate the interfering applications. Then, you can follow these instructions to do this task.
- Navigate to the “Start menu” and open the “Control Panel”.
- Once you access the Control Panel, open the “Programs” option.
- Under the Programs, choose the “Uninstall a Program” option.
- Afterward, you will find a list where all the installed applications and programs are enlisted
- Choose the applications that might interfere with the HP My Display.
- Make sure you choose all the applications that belong to the third-party source.
- Choose the applications one by one and hit the “Uninstall” button.
- From the confirmation tab, hit the “OK” button twice.
Method 5: Scan Device for Malware or Virus
You can also get stuck with HP My Display not working if your device has been infected by any sorts of malware or virus. In such situations, you can run the Windows Defender which is a built-in utility that comes up with every version of the Windows OS. Moreover, this will help you to scan your entire device and search for the malicious components. It will remove those malicious components if it discovers.
To run the Windows Defender utility, follow the instructions that are cited below.
- Open the “Start menu” and write “Windows Defender” inside the search field.
- From the top search result, tap on the “Windows Defender” to expand the window.
- Under the “Windows Defender”, you might be asked to check for the available updates.
- Now, hit the “Scan” button in order to initiate the scanning process.
- Once you are prompted to confirm the process, hit the “OK” button.
When the process gets completed, reboot your device.
Method 6: Reinstall the “HP My Display”
When all the above methods fail to give you desired results, then reinstalling the “HP My Display” might be the last resort for you. To proceed with this task, perform the underlying instructions.
- Initiate the Run window and type “Control” inside it.
- Afterward, hit the “OK” button to run the command.
- When the “Control Panel” window opens, choose the “View By Large” icons and open the “Programs and Features” menu.
- Under the “Programs and Features”, locate and right tap on the “HP My Display” option.
- From the queue menu, select the “Uninstall” button.
- Hit the OK button when you are asked by the User Account Control.
- After you uninstall the utility, go to the official website of the HP and locate the latest version.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in order to install the latest version HP My Display utility.
Hopefully, after you perform all the above methods, you will be able to resolve the HP My Display not working error on your own. For further assistance, place a call at “+1-800-297-9982” and get instant help.