Most Windows 10 users often encounter technical errors including the HP Error Code 0xc0000185. Usually, you can get this error during the reboot process and it can turn your screen blue. If you are getting this problem in your HP device, it can cause due to boot error or severe hardware issue. Fortunately, you are not the only one who is facing this issue in HP devices and there are technical solutions to resolve 0xc0000185 error code message. In order to fix this error code, you must identify the causes at first. Hence, check out this article, as it’ll not only cover the underlying reasons behind the 0xc0000185 error but also provide effective technical fixes.
What Is HP Error Code 0xc0000185 And Causes Of Getting It?
Whenever you come across HP error code 0xc0000185, it doesn’t allow the device to turn on easily. It also displays an error message on the screen saying ‘Your PC needs repair’. If you are not a technologically sound person, you can’t figure out what is causing this error. Hence, follow the below points to get aware of the reasons behind experiencing this issue in your HP laptops.
Possible Reasons Behind Getting HP Error 0xc0000185
- Any technical issues with the hard drive or motherboard can restrict the bootup process in your PC. Even if there is a physically damaged component in your device, it can disrupt the entire system and cause HP error code 0xc0000185.
- If you have recently applied a Windows Update that is already corrupt or incomplete, there are chances of getting this Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issue.
- Some PCs can have this problem due to defective drivers or corrupt Boot Configuration Data in these Windows-based devices.
- Many HP users who are working with Windows 10 can experience this issue if they are using the wrong Media Creation tool. It further can cause this error if they fail to choose the proper version of OS (32 or 64 bit).
- During the bootup using a flash USB drive, if the procedure was interrupted due to technical or any hardware issues, you can still come across error code 0xc0000185 in HP devices.
Troubleshoot HP Error Code 0xc0000185 By Following These Fixes
If you want to resolve error code 0xc0000185 hp, check out these following fixes to boot your device without any BSOD issue.
Solution 1: Make Use Of The Windows 10 Installation CD
To initiate this process, you will have to utilize the CD/DVD for Windows 10 installation that you got during purchasing your HP device. Switch on the computer and insert the CD/DVD to reboot the OS. As you get this command ‘Press any key to boot from CD/DVD’, on the black screen, hit any key. It will then start booting your device from the installation disk. Then you will have to put the accurate time and mention the type of keyboard on the next screen. After this, click on ‘Repair your PC’ and then choose ‘Advanced Options’ under the ‘Troubleshoot’ feature. Then click on ‘Automatic Repair’ option to fix Error Code 0xc0000185.
Solution 2: Troubleshoot And Repair Boot Configuration Data
If ‘Automatic Repair’ feature doesn’t resolve this error, then proceed further with the Command Prompt. Enter ‘BOOTREC/FIXMBR’ to enter into the window and launch command ‘BOOTREC/FIXBOOT’. Then press Enter key after typing BOOTREC/REBUILDBCD and remove the Windows 10 installation CD/DVD from the PC. Finally, restart your device to fix this 0xc0000185.
Solution 3: Apply System Restore Option On PC
In case the above solutions can’t resolve this error code, follow the procedure to go to ‘Advanced Options’ and select ‘System Restore’ feature. If there is no other advanced issue in your HP device, then this restore option can fix this BSOD error.
Related Post:- How To Resolve HP Printer Error Code Oxc4eb827f?
Dial-up our HP Support Number +1-800-297-9982 for Further Assistance
If you can’t understand the above fixes or it didn’t work for you to resolve HP error code 0xc0000185, get in touch with us. Our support professionals provide reliable and effective technical solutions to fix all sorts of error codes in your HP devices. If you are not a tech-savvy person and want professionals to fix these errors including 0xc0000185 code, consult with our HP tech support team.
To reach our executives directly, call us at HP Customer Support Number and resolve laptop error codes right there and then. You can also get in touch with the technicians through our email ID and receive HP solutions directly in your inbox. For real-time discussion on HP laptop or PC problems, log into our live portal facility.