The HP Notebook System Fan (90b) Error Message on Startup indicates a serious problem which exists in relation to the heat removal process. Here, as per as HP technical support, one of the two possible events is possible. First, the system fan is not at all spinning or even it may be the case that the system fan is not spinning properly. The second cause may be the temperature inside the case which is too high and the fan can’t spin fast enough to remove the heat situation.
Steps to Fix System Fan (90b) Error in HP Notebooks
Step 1: Working with the exterior vent
- If users are seeing System Fan (90b) Error message that means fan is spinning and blowing quite warm air from the device, then cleaning of all the exterior vents is necessary to remove dust particles. This should purely be done while the computer is in complete “off’ mode. Dust can further get collected deep inside the vent opening section and all around the internal cooling components to prevent from the heat.
Step 2: Perform an Instant Hard Reset
- Performing a hard reset is applied to reset all the recorded thermal values in the memory by allowing users to work with the computer again even if it’s only spinning for a short time period to access. Save all the important files before it is in service process.
Step 3: Updating the BIOS
- While updating BIOS set-up, it may further help prevent and fix System Fan (90b) Error from occurring in future on your HP Notebooks.
Step 4: Computer servicing process
- Enable the computer service to easily clean up all the internal components and then replace the system fan carefully if necessary. Ensure that all the following items are well addressed while servicing.
- Thoroughly remove all the available dust from all internal cooling components in the device.
- Keep a check that all wires from the system as well as from the CPU fans are well attached to the motherboard and are in secure state.
- It is essential to know that user’s system fan blades are spinning accurately, and do not result in any unwanted noises. Replacement of the system fan is essential if it’s not working correctly.
If, your issue is now resolved completely in your HP Notebooks, do call us at +1-800-297-9982 (toll-free) number at HP Customer Support section anytime.