HP LaserJet 1010 is launched before the launch of MS Windows 7 OS. Because of some compatibility errors installing the printer driver of HP LaserJet 1010 on MS Windows 7 OS is a little bit difficult but not impossible to configure HP LaserJet 1010 to Windows 7.
Instructions to Configure HP LaserJet 1010 to Windows 7
Part 1: Connect HP Printer to Your PC
- Connect your HP LaserJet 1010 printer with your PC by using the USB data cable.
- Switch on the printer.
- Then click at the Orb button.
- Choose “Control Panel” and click on “Devices and Printers.”
- The next step is to click on “Add a Printer.”
- Select “Add a Local Printer.”
- Choose “Use an existing port.” And then choose “DOT4_001” from the alternatives.
- Then click at “Next” to visit the next page.
Part 2: Configure Settings
- Choose “HP” from the manufacturers list. Then choose “HP LaserJet 3055 PCL5”.
- Choose “Use the driver that is currently installed and click at “Next” to proceed.
- Then input the name you wish to utilize for your printer.
- Select if you wish to share the printer or not. And select whether to set it as the default printer.
- The final step is to click at “Finish” to finish the settings.
In case, you need quick online technical support for HP printers. Our HP helpline +1-800-297-9982 (toll-free) number available round a clock for different models of HP printer.