The Network Scanner Connection Error occurs simply while trying to scan the computer or when the scanner is not detected or may the scanning process fails to perform its action. While users come across this issue, they may receive following error messages displayed as:
An error occurred while communicating with the scanning device as well as HP imaging device
Computer not detected
Scanning issues unavailable
Unsuccessful scanning problems, not found errors and scanner unreachable process errors
Well professionals have better solutions to Fix Network Scanner Connection Error by explaining each step in details.
Steps to Troubleshoot the Network Scanner Connection Error
Step 1: Confirm whether it is printing related issue
- If it is the case where the connection error occurs due to printing as well as scanning issue then, make use of the appropriate resources to resolve the issue:
Step 2: Restart the device to check for driver scan settings problem
- Turn off the printer first.
- Now make sure that he printer power cord is well connected to an electrical outlet
- The next step is to close all running programs on the computer devices and then shut down the computer.
- Turn on the printer as well as the computer and search for the printer model name, and then hit on the printer name in the list of results.
- Try to perform a whole scan process.
Step 3: Check for the network as well as the printer connection status
Make sure to perform these below status:
- Perform a check whether the network shown is yours or not
- Check whether the network signal strength is weak or strong.
- If your network status is well connected or not
- Now perform a scan thoroughly.
Step 4: Run the Print and Scan Doctor
- In this step, view the Print and Scan Doctor results screen to check whether the list of actionable results are there or not.
- Click on the “Test Scan” or ‘Skip’ icon now.
Step 5: Uninstall the printer software carefully
- The next step is to resolve the scan connection issues carefully by uninstalling the printer software before re-installation of the latest driver is done.
Step 6: Reinstall the HP software
- Next step is to re-install the HP software to remove the error
Step 7: Check for Windows Image Acquisition settings
- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) is a type of service in the Windows operating system which strongly supports communication between the computer as well as the scanners. If WIA is not properly activated then, scan tasks can easily fail.
Step 8: Disable firewall software
- At last, disable the firewall setup software
Dial at HP Support Number for Solving more Issues!
Get in touch at HP Customer Support Phone Number to resolve the matter faster with world-class support answers delivered by our team of proficient technicians. We are available 24*7 hours a day to assist users in fixing up their HP related issues. Call us now and get all your queries solved at much faster speed.